Thursday, September 25, 2008

AIG and me

On the bus on the way home yesterday, my seat mate and I looked up at the familiar buildings of Hong Kong and simultaneously gasped. To the left of the "Lightning Building" (which is the new Bank of China building), there used to be a neon sign writing over and over the letters AIG. Now the panel is dark. I guess US TAXPAYERS doesn't fit.

This blog is going the way of the AIG corporation, but without the federal support. I am working very hard this year on building a community of friends here in Hong Kong, which requires going out and talking to people in person. I don't have time to do that and all the other things like kids and work and put up a daily photo.

So for the time being, I'm going to stop posting to this blog. I'll still be putting up posts every week or so on my commutingtohongkong.blogspot.com site. I hope you stop by.

4 comments:

Sarah A said...

I'll miss seeing your photos, but hope you will take time to send me an e-mail.

Barbara Rahal said...

niceee....good luck!

OMG OMG: said...

wan cai? xixi, central district...

Unknown said...

Thank you for your visit and tip about vietnamese salad! :-)
I will keep an eye on your other blog.